Scarves Don’t Have to Stay on the Neck: Other Places to Wear ScarvesWhile the neck is the most popular place to wear a scarf, there are many others places you can sport one and different ways to tie them. You can wear it around your head or even as a belt. Tying a scarf around your waist can make your waist look slimmer, instantly. Simply fold the scarf in half and drape it around your hip area. If you like the wraps or shawl look, wear one draped or tied around your shoulders for extra warmth.
|Basic Loop Scarf Tie|
Video Showing Unique Ways to Tie a Scarf
|Basic "Half Fold" Scarf Tying|
Tying a Winter Cashmere ScarfIf you need extra warmth this cold winter season, a wool or cashmere winter scarf is the perfect fashion accessory and can mesh with various styles of clothing. Wear it well by folding the scarf in half and placing it around your neck, with one end on each side of your neck. Next, take the ends and flip them through the fold of the scarf. Pull the ends as tight as you’d like, around you neck. You can tuck the ends in your coat or let them hang freely for a very hip look.
|Tied Scarf as a Hair Accesory|
Making a Scarf into a Hair AccessoryIf you want to get even trendier with your scarf, you can make it into a hair accessory. Start with a large square scarf and fold in into a half forming a triangle. Tie it around your neck loosely and allow it to hang dramatically off one shoulder. You can also cover your head with a large scarf, to hold your hair in place while riding in a convertible. Simply tie the scarf under your chin for a fashionable retro look. Those who are really fashion-forward might like to try their scarf out as a Turban. You can do this by folding the square scarf into a triangle and then folding the edge under the forehead area of the scarf. Cross the two scarf ends and tie them on top of your head.
|Casual, Multiple Knots Scarf|
Pairing a LargeA winter scarf doesn't have to be only wool and functional. A winter scarf can be fashionable, colorful and an accessory to your coat. Here's how to get the scarf tied like the look to the left:
Linen Scarf with a Winter Coat
- Wrap a colorful scarf around your neck from the front to back.
- Leave some slack in the scarf as it comes around the front of your neck.
- Wrap once around the back of you neck.
- Bring the two ends forward.
- Tie the two ends in a loose, double knot.
|Silk "Office Appropriate" Wrapped Neck Scarf|
Tie a Silk Scarf withBusiness causal attire can sometimes feel drab in tones on grays, blacks, browns, tans, and whites. Your can easily and inexpensively spruce up your office looks with a colorful silk scarf tied to perfection. Here's how you can get the scarf look to the left:
Your Favorite Business Causal Outfit
- Wrap scarf snuggly around neck from front to back.
- Wrap once around back of neck and bring two ends forward.
- Tie the two ends in one loose, over hand knot.
- Then adjust the ends so one lays on top of the other. One will lay on top of the tie and the other will be on the bottom of the tie.
|Loose Bow Tied Scarf|
for the Office
Tying a Scarf for the Office: Short Slik ScarfAdd some style to any office outfit with a colorful scarf tied in a unique way. To get the scarf look to the left, follow the instructions below:
- Snuggly wrap a scarf from one side of the neck to the other.
- Tie one over hand knot.
- Now tie a loose, but small, bow.
- Adjust the bow so it points up and the ties hang down.